Pediatric Dentist in Washington, DC
Sedation Dentistry uses medication to help your child relax for a better dental care experience. Sedation dentistry can even help children with severe dental anxiety.
Sedation dentistry offers many benefits to meet your child’s individual needs. Sedation allows the body to relax more completely. This increases the effectiveness of local anesthesia. Sedation dentistry reduces the sensation of passing time. This can be very useful if your child needs complex or multiple treatments in a single sitting. It also prevents their muscles from stiffening or becoming sore due to spending extended periods of time in one position. Your child’s sedation is closely monitored by our experienced dental professionals who ensure their safety and comfort.
Your child’s safety is our top priority. At their appointment, be sure to tell us:
- Any prescription medications or over-the-counter medications they are taking
- Any herbal or nutritional supplements they are using
- Any allergies they have, particularly medication reactions
- Any health conditions they have
- Any questions or concerns you may have about your child’s treatment or about sedation dentistry
For more information about using sedation dentistry with your child’s next treatment, contact Capitol Hill Pediatric Dentistry.